Monday, February 25, 2008

 

SlushCup 6 Blovstrød Stadion Team Hustler



Nice, but flat course. Not so muddy. Again lots of entrants so getting through the traffic on the single-track was difficult.

One guy I overtook at least three times, but he kept re-appearing in front of me. I'd noticed this on previous races, but thought I must have missed him getting back in front. This time I definitely saw him and his mate completely cut out one section of the course as I nearly crashed into them as they came up the road across the bordering tape. Why bother racing if you're going to cheat. Sad isn't it?

My GPS track. Notice that my cadence just stops? I must have bashed the sensor when I came off, and I've just seen that it is bent over touching the rear rim, so nowhere near the pedal where the triggering magnet is placed.

My helmet-camera also failed, I think because of the tumble, it must have jolted the SD card loose. When I finished the race it was displaying "Err". Wish it'd captured it, it would have been funny to see and alleviated the pain of having developed some lovely bruising on my chin, right clavicle, left hand, hip, and shoulder. Anyways I have lots of other video snippets from a hi-definition hand-held camera following other riders on the course, which I shall put up presently, when I've edited them to display on the more usual players out there.

Came in just behind the winner ( although mumble mumble he'd just mumble mumble lapped me for the mumble mumble second time ) and collided with a photographer who jumped right out in front of me to take pictures of him. Well, it is one way to stop, and my brake pads were finished anyways. Luckily no one else was following otherwise it might have been a pile up.

Nice cake afterwards.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]