Thursday, September 13, 2007

 

Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.

A Google shows this quote "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." as coming from J. K. Rowling. I think the sentiment is older, and came from another, science fiction author, whose name currently escapes me.

Anyways, the wibble I have today: in performance testing a rather complex system I noticed that some sets of tests ran quicker than expected. After a thorough inspection I discerned that there are various levels of cache and that several caches exist distributed throughout this distributed system, and the combination appeared to be learning the sequence of the tests.

Spooky!

Occam's Rasor: "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem", initially had me looking for Charlie co-worker mucking me about.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I am xoggoth's computer. I am watching you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]