Thursday, April 12, 2007

 

MTB HotCup 2007 NCK Tysker Plantagen (Hillerød)

I was in a cycle race last night. Round 1 of the MTB HotCup 2007. It was held at the NCK Tysker Plantagen (Hillerød).

Well, I didn't win, but I don't think I came last... Managed two laps, and as I crossed the finish line, a deliberately narrowed zig-zag so an RFID system could take out times, someone crashed into the back of me...

Had a spectacular crash just after the start, right in front of a camera crew that I'd been chatting to earlier. Cleats jammed in the pedals so I was still attached and holding onto the bike when I ended right-side up at the bottom.

"If that ends up on the editing room floor I'm sending it to Worlds Funniest Videos." I heard one of them shout laughingly as I worked out which day of the week it was.

Buggered the bike up and I bent bits so I was stuck single speeding with the chain dragging, slapping and sucking for most of the course. Have a lovely collection of cuts and bruises, yet I feel great!

Pictures from Team Hustler

Pictures from PMC MTB

Pictures from Thomas Stahl

A picture of me with the usual stupid look on my face Why do they always take a picture of me with a silly grin? Do I go about with a grin all the time? Maybe...

A GPS playback

Race results

A Video but not the video, or maybe one has to buy the whole DVD? Dunno. I'll be back on this point.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hey do you have a website for the hotcup?? I have looked but cant find one! I live in Amager and would love to MTB race! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

email me vwskull@yahoo.com

Thanks, Dinah
 
HotCup is http://www.hotcup.dk
There is also http://www.dustcup.dk which is probably easier for people in KPH to get to.
 
Dyna-Mite: Darn thing didn't remove your email address. You might want to edit your comment to remove it, which can be a little involved, or you can delete it and repost without. Or just leave it, spam filters at yahoo are supposed to be up to it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]