Monday, December 18, 2006

 

Ungdomshuset Riot

There was a riot supposedly concerning evictions from Ungdomshuset (the young peoples house) in Copenhagen. Being as this building is on Jagtvej, Nørrebro', part of my daily commute, I was a little concerned I might get a puncture due to broken glass and missing road (as the rioters apparently ripped up a good few cobbles to throw about).

What actually greeted me, and I was pleasantly surprised, was how well it has all been cleaned up.

What totally horrified me was the pattern I could see of which shops had been destroyed and which had not been touched. I don't mean the ones not touched had escaped lightly, I mean they were not touched at all. There would be shop after shop boarded up and you could see there was paint etc. sprayed about peeking from behind the boards, yet the one next to it would be totally unscathed.

There was a distinct pattern to which shops were attacked and which survived.

I leave it to other bloggers to comment on what that pattern is, but I for one can see this riot was absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Ungdomshuset...

Comments:
Any link or do we geuss?

Why do you have this stupid comment moderation thing? Do you think your blog will attract neo nazis or Islamic Jihadis??? It's a pain!!
 
Was it that they were mostly banks and multinational corporations?
 
Was it that they were mostly banks?
 
Was it that they were mostly banks?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]