Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

Cyclists that run red lights ... again

So I'm steaming up Roskildevej hitting all the greens, which is nice. When I notice under the viaduct, just before the hill to the Zoo, a huddle. My Spider-sense tingles warning me the huddle contains Police officers.

Now as it so happens I can also see a young lady cyclist is going to run the red to my green and turn right and hence right into the Police, who are hidden from her view. I can see the fuzz are giving people tickets for running the red light, and there being a good few awaiting their tickets goes to explain the size of the huddle.

Being a gentleman, well as close as I can manage, I wish to help the damsel-that-will-soon-be-in-distress, so ring my bell and wave.

She, being a red-light jumping fool, studiously ignores my signals. Even though I have a green, I signal, and brake to a halt to watch this mornings entertainment unfold: she turns right and plows into the assorted stationary cyclists, milling pedestrians, Police officers and their motorbikes. General mayhem ensues.

The lights cycle, and I carry on. One officer and I exchange a "and that isn't the first time this morning" look.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]