Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

A funny thing happened on my way to work

When I'm on my way to work I am most definitely quicker than the cars now. Also, they're putting in new cables under the cycle track down Roskildevej. Had to shout to one road worker, "Watch what your doing with that darlin'". He had what looked like a spray can on the end of a stick and was idly swinging it about whilst chatting to some other likewise less-than-busy coworkers. Was worried it might catch on me or the bike as I passed.


He looked up to me with shock on his face. Don't know if it was happenstance, my shout in English, or calling him darlin that caused the sudden disappearance into the freshly dug trench, but he got out of the way, just in time.


Which was nice.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]